These are the official rules of EarthPol. They apply in every discord server, service or connection with any EarthPol MC services. They aren't hard to follow, so please, follow them.
1. Behaviors1.1 - Stealing and raiding players/towns/nations
Stealing from other players and raids is allowed. Stealing from other residents in your town is frowned upon, but up to mayors to decide punishments for that. Mayors and co-mayors are not allowed to steal from their residents.
1.2 - Unwanted Behaviors.
These behaviors are not allowed on the server:
- Explicit forms of bullying
- Encouraging self-harm
- Repetitive use of racist and/or derogatory terms.
- Inciting violence, explicit forms of racial basis, hate speech against racial/social minorities.
- Offensive Build
- Inappropriate dialogue or actions towards minors
- Spamming Chat or Any kind of Spamming.
- Explicit talk about sex, drugs, alcohol and other topics
- Constant public disagreement with staff decisions. Initial disagreement is tolerated, except when it gets constant on the same issue.
1.3 - Personal Information.
Sharing personal information, such as the identities of others, that would be otherwise private, without their explicit permission is strictly forbidden. Personal information includes, but not limited to; photos of players (irl), phone numbers, home addresses, social networks, school location, work location, family relations, ip addresses and geological location.1.4 - Link Sharing
You can share links in whispers and town chats. You can only share server related links in general chat. Links must also be respectful to our server rules.
No linking to sexual, violent, disturbing content is allowed.
IP stealing/Baiting: Baiting or Luring other players to join another server by asking or giving the other IP in the chat or Encouraging players to join another server without sharing any IP
Any promotion or advertising of other servers is not allowed. Its also not allowed to ask someone to play on another server or saying “Don’t play here”, and it will indeed fall under this category
You are not allowed to sell in-game items or services for real life money.1.7 - Main Language in global chat channels/Using Correct Channels.
The main language in global chat is English. If you wish to speak another language, please do so in the respective channels, or in town/nation chat. Please also use the correct channels in their respective designation and purpose1.8 - Staff impersonation
This includes Impersonating as a staff member or a higher rank and/or trying to scam or trick normal players.
2. Cheating, exploiting, alternative accounts, limitations2.1 - Benefitting
Players knowingly benefitting from another player's exploitation or rules, exploits, glitches or hacks; will be punished equally.2.2 - Technical errors and server exploits
Players are not allowed to take advantage of server bugs, exploits, or other technical oversights.2.3 - Game Glitches
Players are not allowed to take advantage of game bugs, exploits, such as duping, block-glitching, afk bypass or anything that isn't supposed to be possible in the base game.2.4 - Alternative Accounts
Alternative accounts, otherwise known as "alts", are not allowed. You are entitled to one account per player. Alternative accounts will be suspended, and your main account will be temporarily banned if you are found breaking this rule deliberately.
- If your sibling’s account gets banned for breaking any of these rules, all accounts under that IP address should be punished
- Account sharing is not allowed.
Cheat clients, macro keying and other modifications that give you a technical/gameplay advantage over another player are not allowed. If you are found breaking this rule, you will be issued a 48hr ban, followed after a permanent.
These rules do not apply to:
- OptFine/Performance improvement mods.
- Litematica (printing is not allowed)
- Armor/Effect Status HUD mods.
- Minimap Mods (only as much as the dynmap shows, that means no cave finder and no player icons)
- Pvp Clients are allowed as long as it doesn’t give you any unfair advantages
As the Minecraft EULA states, Unfair advantages is "in a competitive game something that, given equal skill levels, time investment, and circumstances, causes one player or group of players to perform better than another."
Intentionally causing harm to our services through DDOS, Spamming, raiding or other illegal exploitive methods is not allowed. All illegal access will be logged in detail and reported.2.7 - Mob platforms/spawners/large farms & tile limitations.
Large mob platforms and large cactus farms, spawners are not allowed, they may cause excessive lag.
Tile limitations are enabled, this means you cannot stack a ton of furnaces, hoppers, chests (single or mixed) into one chunk. As this causes delays in saving, which causes excessive lag.
3. Griefing3.1 - Griefing in towns.
Traditional Griefs to claimed Towns are not allowed. You may break & enter through builds/bases when they are under Ruin; but you may not entirely destroy them. Taking down old unclaimed Builds for the purpose of building a new town in the wilderness is allowed.
If it is found the unclaimed builds are destroyed for materials and not for the purpose for a new town, the players found responsible will be punished.
Land outside of town claims is considered Wilderness. You are allowed to grief structures as long as they are not within close proximity to a claimed area. You are not allowed to grief naturally generated wilderness in any way, this includes lava casting and mass burning.
Pathways (railways, ice roads, roads and other blocks used as pathways), in the wilderness, are not allowed to be griefed, if they are willingly connected between existing towns that mutually agree to form them.
If the area is part of a siege zone, the players who started the siege are expected to fix the area after they are done. If this is not met, players will get warned and/or Temporary banned for it.
You are required to fill in your town claims, do not leave unclaimed chunks inside of your borders as this intentionally allows you to make towers bigger than they actually are.
You are not allowed to "Spaghetti claim", which is claiming land away from your main claim area by stringing out your claims with 1-width claim chunks across the map. You will need to claim up to 3-width claims to qualify as a "push" away from your main claim area. (Exceptions are limited).
Claim blocking, as in the action of claiming chunks specifically to prevent other towns to expand is not allowed. Outposts claimed in foreign land (And any other kind of claim using it for this reason), whatever the width may be, will be unclaimed after 2 or more staff determines the nature of the claim.
"Anchor Towns", towns started by an enemy/ally nation for the sole purpose of claim blocking are not allowed.
Griefing with the use of Lava, water or lava casts is not allowed. All griefs will be rolled back and you'll be temporarily suspended3.5 - Major terraforming
To Preserve the accuracy of real-world geography; major terraforming of the natural terrain is not allowed. You can terraform land within the borders of the ocean/rivers, but terraforming beyond them changes the resemblance and accuracy. Do not drain large lakes or rivers, create artificial islands or cover the ocean with platforms (ships are okay).3.6 - Map Art
Map art is only allowed in Antarctica and within your own town (Bypasses Rule 3.4 if this rule is followed). Map art must follow the following guidelines:
- Cannot depict violence
- Not sexually provocative
- Not contain any racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise descriminatory symbolism or language
- Cannot contain inappropriate/NSFW language or symbolism
- Cannot contain hate speech or symbols
- Destroying mapart in wilderness whilst it's being made is frowned upon but killing the maker is allowed.
4. Combat/PVP4.1 - Engaging in Combat (Not applicable during sieges)
Players are allowed to engage in combat, unless one of the players is AFK. After you have defeated someone in combat, do not engage in combat with them again unless they engage with you, take the loot you obtained. It is best to take what you get and walk away after.4.2 - Claiming Hopping
You are not allowed into a claim where pvp is disabled to avoid death, or to give yourself an advantage over other players. If you start fighting you need to commit to it and restrain from running into claims(you are allowed to run away). It is good practice to enable PVP for your whole town during sieges as not to violate this rule.4.3 - Spawn Camping
Do not repetitively kill someone after they have spawned in. (See Rule 4.1). Do not wait outside of their base after you have already killed them. Do not use /sethome to teleport back to their lands.4.4 - TP Killing or any sort of Teleportation (t spawn, n spawn, t outpost) is not allowed.
5. Naming Conventions5.1 - Town Names.
When creating a town, make sure your name complies with naming rules. Names can be changed by staff members if they're not following the rules.
- Fictional town names are allowed.
- Town names cannot be inappropriate, offensive or toxic.
- Towns cannot have similar names to already established towns, where one could easily be confused with another.
- Town names must fit into the aspect of geopolitics and worldly game play. Meme towns are not allowed.
- Town names cannot include symbols except underscores or hyphens.
- Town names cannot prevent players from accessing information from it.
When creating a Nation, make sure your name complies with naming rules. Names can be changed by staff members if they're not following the rules.
- Fictional Nation names are allowed as long as they’re reasonable.
- Nation names cannot be inappropriate, offensive, culturally insensitive, or toxic.
- Nations cannot have similar names to already established Nations/Towns, where one could easily be confused with another.
- Nations' names must fit into the aspect of geopolitics and worldly game play. Meme nations are not allowed.
- Nation names cannot include symbols except underscores or hyphens.
- Nation names cannot prevent players from accessing information from it.
Minecraft Usernames, Nicknames, Player Skins, Towny Titles may not be explicit, sexual, racist, culturally insensitive, or inappropriate. You may not also change your name to match the similar username of another person on the server.